The Public Services Department or PSD for short is the FRONT OFFICE of the Library. It is the window through which the Library and the services it provides are mirrored. The Department is responsible for promoting proper and efficient use of Library resources and enforcing Library Rules and regulations. Amongst its many functions and responsibilities are the followings:
- Membership Registration.
- Circulation of Library Materials.
- Provision of Reference Services to Library users.
- Inter Library Loan Services.
- Preparing, Monitoring and controlling the use of reserved materials in the Short Loan Collection.
- Ensuring that resources are in their rightful places (Shelving).
- Coordinating the withdrawing of Books and preparing them for Bindery.
- Facilitating Reservation of Materials.
- Conducting User Orientation Programs/Library guides and tours.
- Coordinating Library Internship Programs.
- Clearing all those ceasing to be members of the Library.
SECTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENTS
The Department comprises the following sections:
- Circulations (Main Issue Desk).
- Short Loan Collection.
- Reference Section.