VACANCY-SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/PROFESSOR – BIODIVERSITY (2 POSITIONS)
THE COPPERBELT UNIVERSITY
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research, Innovation, Industrialisation and Community engagement as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment in the SCHOOL OF MATHEMATICS AND NATURAL SCIENCES.
Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor – Biodiversity (2 Positions)
Performing teaching duties at Undergraduate and Graduate levels. Undertaking original individual and collaborative research leading to significant advances in their field and publication in national or international refereed journals and collaboration with peers in other universities and academic institutions. Collaboration with peers based at other universities and academic institutions and keeping abreast of recent advances in their respective field. Supervise students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and participation in tutoring and mentoring activities. Setting and assessment of exam papers and assessing portfolio of evidence. Involvement in departmental research and publications. Assist with administrative duties in the department and /or school.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 or Form V Certificate with Five 5 ‘O’ level Credits or better including English Language and Mathematics.
- A BSc in Zoology or Biodiversity and Ecology or Wildlife
- An MSc in Zoology or Biodiversity and Ecology or Wildlife.
- A PhD in the relevant field.
- Not less than five (5) years practical teaching experience.
Required Competencies and Behavioral Attributes
- Show high levels of expertise with regards to leadership development
- Must show proof of active membership and registration with a Professional body in Zambia where applicable
- Teaching/training leadership development/leadership coaching experience at a reputable higher education institution, locally or internationally
- Proof of researched supervisory experience
- Published articles in accredited, peer-reviewed journals
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their letters of applications, accompanied by detailed CVs and copies of academic and professional certificates. Applicants are to include three (03) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant.
Hard copy applications should be submitted to the undersigned while soft copies should be emailed to email@example.com not later than 8th January, 2021.
P. O. Box 21692
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692