VACANCY-QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into the University as Quality Assurance Manager in the Center for Academic Development.
The Center for Academic Development promotes academic development, quality assurance and research for improvement in the standards and quality assurance of course design, teaching, learning, and assessment. It also supports the Schools and Units with accreditation of programmes with relevant regulatory authorities and accreditation bodies.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible to advise the Director and to formulate and implement the quality control and assurance system in line with the overall Center for Academic Development business strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, the Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and participate in the preparation of quality control and assurance work plans and their monitoring, evaluating and review.
- Provide advice to Schools/Directorates/Units on quality assurance and accreditation requirements
- Plan and implement communication and training programmes to help University staff understand their roles in quality control and quality assurance
- Sensitise staff in the University to understand and undertake quality control and assurance in their work and to appreciate programme accreditation
- Preparation of quarterly and annual operational performance reports
- Ensure that the University conforms to national and international standards and legislation pertaining to quality assurance and control
- Formulate and implement short courses in quality control and assurance
- Engage and contribute to the CAD research group to advance quality assurance and excellence in teaching, learning, assessment and course design
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) level credits or its equivalent including Mathematics and English
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in a relevant field. A PhD in a relevant field is an added advantage
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience in teaching and research in a higher education institution
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing, facilitating and/or reviewing quality control and assurance protocols
- Proficient use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and video conference tools
- Good understanding of spreadsheet programmes and ability to use statistical packages like SPSS or other
Attributes and Skills
- Self-motivated individual with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- A team player with ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Willingness to engage in research and publication relevant to University teaching and learning
- Demonstrate leadership and problem solving skills
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates. Applicants are to include three (03) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned not later than 18th December, 2020. Electronic applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692