VACANCY – Assistant Registrar Industrial Relations
THE COPPPERBELT UNIVERSITY
The Copperbelt University is a public university established through an act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community engagement as a service to the nation. The University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment as Assistant Registrar- Industrial Relations in the Registrar’s Department.
To provide expert and professional advice for the maintenance of sound employer/employee relations that promote a conflict free work environment in which teaching, learning and research thrive for the attainment of set goals and objectives in conformity with the Copperbelt University’s (CBU) corporate strategy.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and expert interpretation of university policies on staff matters in order to minimize employee complaints, potential adverse impact of lawsuits and compliance problems.
- Interact with labour unions to promote effective and efficient labour relations between Management and employees and ensures detection of potential industrial relations problems well before they surface.
- Resolve disputes by engaging in conflict management through meetings with conflicting factions to discuss differences of opinion and create compromise that inhibits the conflict from escalating.
- Expertly handle grievance and disciplinary matters and provide appropriate responses
- Examine industrial disputes and recommend solutions.
- Participate in negotiation for employee salary and conditions of service.
- Custodian of labour relations laws, policies and regulations
- Perform any other duties as assigned by superior.
Job Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 or Form V certificate with five (5) “O” level Credits which should include English
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management and any other relevant qualification.
- At least 3 years working experience in industrial relations. Practical experience in handling and resolving industrial disputes is required.
Required Skills And Attributes
- Result oriented person, able to set and achieve set targets
- Ability to inspire others to obtain intended results
- Good interpersonal skills and an excellent team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Sound knowledge of the Zambian labour laws
- Knowledge of current and emerging legislation, issues and trends as appropriate to the position.
Interested individuals meeting the above qualifications should submit detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates and names of three referees, two of whom must be professional.
Hard copy applications should be submitted to the undersigned while soft copies should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th September, 2020.
P. O. Box 21692