Undergraduate Applications for Admission to the 2017 Academic Year – Kapasa Makasa and Michael Chilufya Sata Campuses
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the following programmes at the Kapasa Makasa University Campus in Chinsali and Michael Chilufya Sata Campus School of Medicine in Ndola. These programmes are scheduled to commence in October /November 2017.
School of Medicine
1. Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine (BSc CM)
This programme is designed to upgrade the knowledge and skills of Health Workers who have attained basic training in any health related field but in particular those with Diplomas in Clinical Sciences. The programme will provide training which will elevate their level of expertise up to a specialist clinical officer or a licentiate in the health service labour market in Zambia.
The course aims to provide training in Basic Medical Sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Laboratory and Diagnostic Sciences, Behavioural Sciences and Therapeutics) as well as practical training in the main branches of Clinical Sciences.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine with average graduation grade of B.
- Diploma in a Health related Science with an average graduation grade of B.
- Registration with the HPCZ and a minimum of 2 years working experience.
- One year in School of Natural Sciences at Copperbelt University with an average grade of B in Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics or equivalent.
- Applicants should have obtained five (5) O Level Credits or better, including Mathematics English Biology, Science and Chemistry.
2. Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) (Parallel programmes)
The Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery is a five (5) year Programme in curative medicine, preventive health and social medicine. The Programme offers Basic and Clinical Sciences concurrently in a longitudinal design. The focus is to equip trainee doctors with competences in curative medicine and preventive health.
2. Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BChD) (Parallel programme)
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery is a five (5) year programme running alongside the MBCHB programme. The two streams are separated during the Clinical Sciences training years. The focus is to equip trainee Dental Surgeons with competences in curative and preventive oral health.
Applicants to the two parallel programmes should have :
- Five O’level credits including English, Mathematics, Chemistry or Science and Biology.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural Sciences with Biology and Chemistry at credit level or.
- Posses a Diploma in Dentistry or equivalent from an approved Dental Training Institution for BDS.
Kapasa Makasa University Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science
- Bachelor of Science Information and Communication Technology with Education
- Applicants to both programmes should have at least five “O” Level Credits including Mathematics, English, Science, Physics or Chemistry.
The closing date for receipt of application 31st August, 2017.
For Further Information Contact :
The Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs) Copperbelt University Academic Office, Jambo Drive P.O Box 21692 KITWE Telephone : +260-21-290815 / +260-21-290816 Email : email@example.com