The Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) is a full-time senate approved and monitored programme that runs in the evenings. The programme has ten (10) levels. Each level lasts six (6) months. The total duration of the programme is therefore five (5) years. The programme has two intakes per year, one in January and the other one in July.
The key learning outcomes of this programme are to produce graduates:
- Who have a sound knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and software
- Who have a sound good knowledge of the principles and practices of information technology
- Who can design, develop and maintain computer program systems
- Who are immediately productive upon completion of the programme
- Who can cope with new trends in the area of information and communications technology
- Who can readily work with people in other disciplines; and
- Who can continue their studies in post-graduate programs in Zambia and abroad.