The programmes are run in liaison with the various Schools, i.e.,
School of Business,
School of Built Environment,
School of Engineering School of Natural Resources,
School of Mines and Mineral Sciences and
School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
The seriousness the University Council, Management and Academic Staff attach to higher Academic Studies (Research and Publication). The diversity of Postgraduate Studies has been initiated with reference to National Human Resource Capacity Building and Needs.
With increasing academic programmes initiated by the Schools, the University Management with the support, of the University Council purchased the Anchor House property situated in Parklands in Kitwe to re-locate the School of Graduate Studies. The School officially relocated in the first week of November 2013. The School started organizing official lectures in January 2014 for the Third Stage Semester Programme for the Full Time Students in MBA, MBA Finance and M.Sc. Project Management.
At the beginning of 2014/2015 academic year, all Graduate School programmes are being conducted at the Graduate School Campus. The School of Graduate Studies is growing beyond imagination. The School’s facilities are currently second to none in Zambia. The environmental conditions are conducive for academic studies. In the 2014/2015 academic year, a total of 330 new postgraduate students registered with the School.
Over the years, the School has managed to produce graduates in various programmes. The first programme to record graduates was the Master of Business Administration in 1997. This was followed by other programmes like MBA Finance, MA Human Resources Management, M.Sc. Project Management, M.Sc. Natural Resources Management and M.A. Peace and Conflict Studies. The Statistics below indicate the numbers of graduates the School has produced since its inception.
Programmes of Study
- MBA General
- MBA Finance
- M.Sc. Project Management
- M.Sc. Accounting and Finance
- MA Human Resource Management
- M.Sc. Project Management
- M.Sc. Natural Resources Management
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies with specialization in the following:
- Human Rights, Governance and Peace Building.
- Human Security and Development
- Environment, Sustainability, Development and Peace
- Diplomacy and Strategic Studies
- Defense and Security Management
- M.Sc. Environmental Engineering and Monitoring Management
- M.Sc. Chemistry Education
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Physics Education
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Mathematics Education
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Biology Education
- M.Sc. Biology
- M.Sc. in Urology
- M.Sc. in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- M.Sc. by Research in Clinical and Medical Sciences
- D.Sc. by Research in Clinical or Medical Sciences
- MPhil/PhD Programmes in Business Studies
- MPhil/PhD Programme in Mines and Mineral Sciences
- Masters of Engineering Degree with Honours (MEng)Specialising in:
- Advanced Aeronautical Engineering
- Advanced Automotive Engineering
- Advanced Civil Infrastructure Engineering
- International Construction Management & Engineering
- Advanced Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Advanced Communication, Network & Signal Processing Engineering
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Mechatronics Engineering