VACANCY – SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
THE COPPERBELT UNIVERSITY
OFFICE OF REGISTRAR
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community engagement as a service to the nation. The University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the position of SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER under the Directorate of Information and Communication Technology.
The Senior Software Developer shall be the focal point person in the software development team. The senior Software Developer shall work face to face with both internal and external clients throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), to understand their problems and deliver an enterprise quality solution. The Senior Software Developer will continuously work on defining and refining the project models employed. S/he will be responsible for resolving project issues and resources. S/he will give guidelines to the Software developers, Project Officers and Assistant Software Developers on the projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop the methodologies that have to be used in any software development project.
- Analyze systems specifications and translate systems requirements to task specifications for subordinates.
- Responsible for developing and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Maintain internal and external client databases and system backups
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the Manager Software Development department
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear manner.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit project budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
Required Skills and Behavioral Attributes
- Have extensive skills in software development and debugging.
- High level skills of communication
- Experience in management of extensive projects
- Great skills in Software Integration Services
Qualifications and Experience:
- Form 5 or Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent with five (5) ‘O’ Level credits or better in Mathematics and English Language
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ ICT
- Five (05) years post qualifying programming experience
Immediate Supervisor: Head – Software Development
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their letters of applications, accompanied by detailed CVs and copies of academic and professional certificates. Applicants are to include three (03) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Electronic application should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and physical application to:
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692
Closing date is Friday 6th November, 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.