The Copperbelt University
Office of the Registrar
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community Engagement as a service to the nation. The University as an equal opportunity employer hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the following positions under the Directorate of Information and Communication Technology.
- Software Developer (03 Positions-Riverside Campus)
To design, implement, test and carry out maintenance of software systems.The Software Developer is responsible for interpreting software design concepts and requirements and translating them into usable applications. Day-to-day tasks for a software developer typically circulate around the development life cycle, which spans tasks from creating software blueprints to programming and eventually to the final stage comprised primarily of testing and modification. S/he must have strong analytical and problem solving skills. S/he should be versed in modern programming languages and should be flexible enough to integrate systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and develops software systems as directed by the project budget and methodology.
- Tests newly developed programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate
- Document all system codes and logic on the projects assigned and Responsible for system implementation.
- Ensures that all developed software are consistently upgraded to address new challenges.
- Shall release upgrades for the systems regularly to address technology changes and gaps and shall carry out all assignments as given by the superiors.
- Must have knowledge of fourth generation languages.
- Must be able to produce documentation, reports and design plans.
- Must have enthusiasm and be goal oriented, ability to work in team settings and Communicate effectively.
- Be efficient, dependable and professional.
- Sound analytical thinking and be able to meet project deadlines.
- Great skills in Software Integration Services and Continue to learn about industry trends and developments.
- Must have experience with C#, ASP.Net, Entity framework, MS SQL server.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 or Form V Certificate minimum of 5 “0” levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ ICT or equivalent
- With 2 years working experience.
2. Network Administrator LAN/WAN (03 Positions-Riverside Campus(02) Kapasa Makasa Campus(01))
The candidate shall be responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of the University Communication Infrastructure. S/he shall perform a wide variety of evaluation on the University ICT network infrastructure to ensure the network performance meets the organization and user satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and maintain networking and telecommunications systems
- Manage the network Bandwidth
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements; router administration, including interface and routing protocols configuration
- Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency
- Perform network monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Maintain up to date documentation of all ICT network installations
- Carry out other assignments as given by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Form 5 or Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent with five (5) ‘O’ Level credits or better in Mathematics and English Language
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, ICTs or equivalent from a recognized institution with at least 5 years work experience
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in ICT network installations and maintenance
- Must possess Cisco or Huawei networking certification.
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their letters of applications, accompanied by detailed CVs and copies of academic and professional certificates. Applicants are to include three (03) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Electronic application should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and physical application to:
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692
Closing date is Friday 31st January, 2020.