THE COPPERBELT UNIVERSITY
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and community engagement as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment in the Directorate of Planning, Property and Services.
1. Assistant Maintenance Officer – 1 Position
To assist in the management of maintenance and repair services, ground maintenance, annual service programme and delivering all services within budget in an efficient and effective manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain appropriate policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with statutory, regulatory requirements and in accordance with the university policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the university’s response maintenance service is delivered in an efficient and cost effective manner in accordance with standards of the university
- Carry out both pre and post inspections of maintenance and repair works
- Carry out inspections of all new property acquisitions, compile reports, issue works orders and organise all such works as necessary to bring the property up to leasable standards
- Monitor all works orders issued ensuring compliance with completion times, standards of workmanship and satisfaction
- Responsible for the daily delivery of the grounds maintenance service throughout the university estates
- Liaise with consultants, contractors, property staff and others as required in order to ensure adequate monitoring of service delivery
- Prepare a property database listing for all of the university landscaping areas
- Monitor standards and performance of the university’s grounds maintenance program.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Full Grade 12 ‘O’ Level Certificate with five (5) Credits or better including English and Mathematics
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- A Degree in Civil Engineering or any related technical field, will be an added advantage.
- One (1) year related experience
Required Skills and Behavioral Attributes
- Result oriented and ability to achieve set targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and an excellent team player.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Excellent time management skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Attention to detail
Mode of application
Interested individuals meeting the above set qualifications should apply sending their applications accompanied by detailed current Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional qualifications together with three (3) names and address of referees, of which two must be professionally acquainted with the applicant. The application must clearly state the specific department being applied for and must reach the undersigned by 14th June, 2020 and they should be addressed to:
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692