DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
THE COPPERBELT UNIVERSITY
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
The Copperbelt University is a Public University situated in the hub of the Copperbelt region of Zambia. It has 9 teaching schools, a Graduate School, an Institute and 5 Directorates with total staff strength of 887 officers out of whom 6 are Principal Officers, 429 are academic staff and 458 are administrative/support staff.
POSITION OF DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR
The Council of the Copperbelt University through the Search Committee wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor.
Job Purpose: The Deputy Vice-Chancellor is a Strategic Manager who reports to the Vice-Chancellor in the management of the University.
The duties of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor include to:-
- Provide leadership in teaching, research and consultancy activities of the University.
- Provide leadership in innovation activities in the University.
- Assist the Vice Chancellor in revenue generation and management of University resources.
- Provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of the strategic plan in line with the Copperbelt University Vision.
- Provide strategic leadership in Staff Development Programs.
- Provide leadership in developing and sustaining linkages with stakeholders in relation to academic and research activities.
Performing duties of the office of the Vice-Chancellor in the absence of the incumbent
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
- In possession of an earned doctorate or equivalent professional qualification from a recognized university.
- An accomplished researcher, teacher and publisher.
- Should have at least ten (10) years experience at senior management level.
- Experience in the corporate world at senior management level will be an added advantage.
- A visionary with high professional integrity.
- Excellent communication, change management, and interpersonal skills.
- A self- assertive team player with demonstrated analytical, administrative and financial management abilities.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor is appointed for an initial period of four (4) years which is renewable for a similar period depending on performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION.
Candidates meeting the stated requirements must forward their application letters with the following:-
- A curriculum vitae including names and addresses of three (3) referees two (2) of whom must be professional authorities in relevant fields.
- A statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next for (4) years in not more than 1,500 words.
The University offers a competitive remuneration package to the individual appointed to this position. The Copperbelt University is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply
Applications marked “POSITION OF DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR” must be addressed to:-
P O Box 21692
The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th April 2020.