The Copperbelt University invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant positions
The Copperbelt University invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant positions as follows:
- DIRECTOR – DIRECTORATE OF RESEARCH, INNOVATION AND CONSULTANCY
The primary responsibility of the Director is to implement the University Research, Innovations, consultancy and commercialization policies and effective representation of the Copperbelt University with key audiences and other key stakeholders, in order to build strength and support for the consultancy, research and innovations strategic function. The Director has to provide supervision to research and innovations committees at School level within the policies,
Procedures and standards set by Senate. He/She has to play a leading role in identifying opportunities for project development, collaboration and fundraising for the CBU research and innovations in conjunction with Schools and directorates, national and partner international organisations. He/She will act as custodian of policies on consultancies and monitor the identification, execution and proper utilisation of funds so realised.
- Monitor and implement policies relating to the University’s research, innovation and commercialisation activities, including applied and basic research, research capacity development, intellectual property, internationalisation and international reputation, and their management;
- Oversee establishment of research committees and to guide, monitor and review the activities of university research committees such as:
- University Research and Innovations Groups
- Thesis Examinations Committee
- University Ethics Policy Committee
- School Research and Innovations Committees.
- Inform and advise the Senate Research and Grants Committee on research, innovation, commercialization, research training and publications;
- Build fund raising capacity within the unit and leverage funding from external agencies for research and innovation across all disciplines;
- Oversee the implementation of the University Research Strategic Plan;
- Guide the development of the university’s strategic research priorities, objectives and monitor research performance within the framework of the University’s strategic planning process;
- Review, on a quarterly basis, submissions for formation and continuation of University research strengths and advise on funding allocations to, and the status of, all university funded research groups;
- Provide leadership and advice on mechanisms to improve monitoring, benchmarking and reporting of the University’s research and publications performance;
- Hold one to two events annually to facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information related to research and research training issues for the broader research, general public, interest groups and corporate community;
- Internally and externally disseminate, through the University internet portal, research and publications produced by the Copperbelt University on a regular basis;
- Facilitate the identification and registration of intellectual property resulting from the Units and research activities;
- To facilitate for the academic community in the University to undertake a broad range of consultancy activities with external clients in a well-organized and effective manner, and act as an interface between external clients and the University;
- Support academic staff in client relationship management in line with the consultancy strategy;
- Drive the identification of external constancy and the implementation of the consultancy strategy including the monitoring and preparation of reports and KPIs relating to consultancy activity, and the development of targeted marketing collateral.
- To perform any other such functions as may be delegated to him/her by the Senate Research and Grants Committee and the Vice-Chancellor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Result oriented person, able to set targets and achieve set targets;
- Ability to influence others to obtain results;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Good interpersonal skills and an excellent team player;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A PhD and a minimum of Five (5) years post qualifying research experience;
- Holding a minimum position of Senior Lecturer or equivalent;
- Good track record of successful grant and technical writing;
- Good publication record
- Strong computer literacy is essential;
- Familiarity with donor agencies/donor procedures will be an added advantage.
- SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (1 Position)
The Senior Software Developer shall be the focal point person in the software development cycle of any software developed in the University. The senior Software Developer shall work with both internal and external clients throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to understand their problems and deliver quality enterprise solutions that conform to both ISO 27001 and ISO 9001. S/He will be responsible for all Software development projects in the University. S/He will give guidelines to the Software developers, Project Officers and Assistants on all development projects.
- Develop integrations and associated sub-systems for the University’s ICT operational systems as such financial, Payroll, Student Information and Human resource systems.
- Design, Develop and Implement Operation Control Models for the systems and gadgets installed on the University’s network to attain the adopted COBIT 5 framework.
- Develop project scopes, goals, budget, timeframes, deliverables and associated communication documents that support University’s ICT business goals
- Write proposals for ICT funding from global corporations to meet the University’s ICT Strategic Plans
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and superintend them in a timely and clear manner.
- Must have strong Project Management skills and preferably certified in project management
- Must have developed and implemented systems that conform to ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
- High level skills of communication
- Experience in management of extensive projects
- Great skills in Software Integration Services
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 or Form V Certificate minimum of 5 “0” levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ ICT with 5 years work experience.
Mode of Application
Persons meeting the above qualifications should submit detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates and names of three referees, two of whom must be professionally acquainted with. The letter should clearly state the specific department being applied for.
Candidates meeting the above specifications and requirements should submit their hard copies applications to the undersigned not later than Friday, 12th January, 2018 or soft copies to email@example.com.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
The Copperbelt University
P O Box 21692