CBU WELCOMES PROFESSOR PAUL CHISALE AS NEW DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR
The Copperbelt University Council, Management, members of staff and Students are delighted to welcome Professor Paul Chisale, who has taken up the office of Deputy Vice Chancellor on appointment effective 22nd February 2021. A renowned academician, researcher and consultant, Professor Chisale has held a number of significant leadership roles in international and local institutions of higher learning. He holds a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, (Combustion) from Kobe University, Japan and MSc in Mechanical Engineering (Internal Combustion Engines) from Technical University Varna, Bulgaria.
His academic career spans over 30 years, conducting research and teaching at both undergraduates and postgraduate levels. He has supervised Master’s and Doctoral students at various universities and has served as external examiner in thermal fluids programs for various universities in the SADC region. Professor Chisale is a reviewer of scientific papers for various journals and seats on a number of international advisory boards. Before joining the university, Professor Chisale held the position of Associate Professor of Thermal fluids and Renewable Energy Systems at the Namibia University of Science and Technology.
POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATES
- Advanced Cert. in Internet-Based Education/Training Materials, Santren/Carl DuisbergGesellschaft e.V (2001).
- Cert. in Internet-Based Education/Training Materials, Santren/Carl DuisbergGesellschaft e. V (2000)
- Cert. of Award in International and Domestic Arbitration, Forum for International Commercial Arbitration, Internal Trade Centre (2000)
- Cert. in Mediation, USAID/High Court for Zambia (2000)
RESEARCH INTEREST AREAS
- : Renewable Energy Systems, Turbomachinery, Gas Turbine Theory, Applications of Exergy, Pollution Control, and Power Plant.
- : Experimental Fluid Mechanics & Flow Diagnostics, Boundary Layer Theory; Gas Dynamics; Advanced Thermodynamics, Advanced Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Internal Combustion Engines and Numerical Modelling & Simulation.
- Energy Conversion and utilization, Bioenergy, Renewable Energy Resource Assessment, Energy Efficiency, Energy Scenarios and Modelling, Energy Policy, Geothermal, Wind, and Hybrid Systems.
TEACHING AND CONSULTANCY
- Associate Professor of Thermal fluids and Renewable Energy Systems (2014-2021), Namibia University of Science and Technology.
- Visiting Professor (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020), Pan African University: Institute of Water & Energy Sciences (Including Climate Change), PAUWES, C/o Abou Bekr University of Tlemcen, B.P 119, 13000 Tlemcen, Algeria.
- Visiting Professor (2019, 2020), Pan African University:Institute for Basic Sciences Technology & Innovation (Pausti), Jomo Kenyatta University, Kenya
- Senior Lecturer (2004-2014), Lecturer I (2000-2003), and Lecturer II (1997-1999), The University of Zambia, School of Engineering, Lusaka,Zambia.
- Visiting Academic, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Holland (1999).
- Ph. D Research Fellow (1994-1997), Research Fellow (1993-1994) Graduate school of Science, and Technology, Division of Industrial Science, Kobe University, Japan.
CONGRATULATIONS PROFESSOR PAUL CHISALE ON YOUR APPOINTMENT!