CBU invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the following positions under the Directorate of Information and Communication Technology
THE COPPERBELT UNIVERSITY
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the following positions under the Directorate of Information and Communication Technology.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (POSITIONS 14)
The software developer is responsible for interpreting software design concepts and requirements and translating them into usable applications from creating software blueprints to programming and eventually to the final stage comprised primarily of testing and modification.
STATEMENT OF MAIN DUTIES:
- Maintain and implement applications on systems and networks.
- The Software Developer should be versed in programming languages and should be flexible enough to integrate systems.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- BSc in Computer Science or a related field
- Grade 12 or full form 5 Certificate with 5 Credits or better including Mathematics and English Language
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Able to follow the instructions given by clients to deliver quality programmes to meet the users’ needs.
- Able to work with databases (MS SQL and/or Oracle) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
Interested individuals meeting the above set qualifications should apply sending their applications accompanied by detailed current Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional qualifications together with three (3) names and address of referees, of which two must be professionally acquainted with the applicant. The application must clearly state the specific department being applied for and must reach the undersigned by Monday, 20th May 2019 and they should be addressed to:
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.