KAPASA MAKASA CAMPUS VACANCY- REGISTRAR
THE COPPERBELT UNIVERSITY
Kapasa Makasa University is a public University based in Chinsali of Muchinga Province in Zambia. It was established through a statutory instrument and is currently managed by the Copperbelt University Management and Council. The University which was inaugurated on 28th July 2016 offers disciplines in Science and Technology as well as promoting entrepreneurship.
The University has been running for four (4) years under the auspices of the Copperbelt University producing graduates with impeccable knowledge and skills and as such are highly marketable internationally. The University is now on the verge of becoming an independent public University.
It has become necessary for the University to employ some key and critical Principal Officers in the new university in order to manage this change as the University strives to develop into one of the most prestigious and renowned Universities in Zambia and beyond.
JOB TITLE: REGISTAR
The Registrar, as Chief Administrator of the University reports to the Vice-Chancellor and is responsible for planning, coordinating, organising and directing the general administration of the University in line with the requirements of the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013 and the policies and procedures of the institution approved by the University Council.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct all functions relating the general administration and human resource management of the institution.
- Plan and coordinate University Council corporate affairs and Senate affairs effectively and efficiently.
- Custodian and maintenance of the institutional seal and all official records.
- Facilitate the development, review and main University policies and regulations.
- Direct functions pertaining to students’ registration, admissions, examinations and general academic affairs of the University.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and availability of such services to the University Council and Administration.
- Plan direct and maintain infrastructure utilisation and development in the institution in a quest to attain a conducive learning/teaching and living environment in the University.
- Provide guidance and advice to all stakeholders on University business, ethics and good governance.
- Plan and direct departmental annual operational budgets.
- Ensure timely, effective and efficient dissemination of University general information within and outside the University.
- Plan and ensure provision of safety, health and security to persons and property.
- Maintaining a conducive work atmosphere in order for teaching and learning to take place effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly and annual performance reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Full Form V or Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent
- A Bachelor’s degree and Postgraduate degree in Social Sciences. Intense knowledge of Human Resources issues is considered essential.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or Equivalent
- PhD will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of Seven (07) years’ work experience at senior management level and current or previous work in industry and/or educational institutions/organisations within or outside Zambia will be an added advantage.
- A track record of managing institutions /organisations with large numbers of diverse professional disciplines.
- Should be a member of the Zambia Human Resource Management.
- Preferably a Zambian citizen, not less than Thirty-Five (35) years of age.
TENURE OF OFFICE
A Three (03) year contract will be offered to a successful candidate. However, subsequent contract offers may be granted upon satisfactory performance by the job holder.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates who meet the specified requirements should apply enclosing their detailed vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, names and addresses of Three (03) traceable referees and their contact telephones and e-mail details.
The Envelope clearly marked – Position of Registrar for Kapasa Makasa University should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 21692
Email the applications attaching all the necessary documents to: Registrar@cbu.ac.zm
Closing Date: Friday 8th January 2021 at 17:30 hours.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kapasa Makasa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer